- ShopRite Markets
- $61,760.00 -86,540.00/year*
379 W Shore Dr
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while maintaining pricing integrity storewide, ensure all equipment and systems are maintained in proper working order as assigned by Management, and maintain effective communication with all departments.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to operate the keyboard of a computer terminal and the numeric keyboard of a standard desktop calculator.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Accurately complete all weekly price changes transmitted to the store file from Wakefern, to include both checking for and correcting any discrepancies.
* Maintain the accuracy of the pricing file to match weekly circulars and newspaper ads.
* Maintain UPL program by separating, sorting, and properly placing UPL tags.
* Ensure compliance with Company policies and regulations, as well as government pricing standards.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to Scanning operations.
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clean of debris and spills.
* Maintain pricing integrity on the sales floor by ensuring that all items are properly signed, tagged, and scanned correctly.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Scanning Department operations.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Perform weekly aisle Scanning audits to ensure accuracy of pricing file.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
* Ensure effective, timely communications with all departments.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...