In partnership with the NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS), Sheltering Arms is launching a new program that will serve as an Annex for the Nicholas Scoppetta Children's Center pre-placement program for children entering the foster care system. This new Bronx-based short-term, residential program serving young children between the ages of 0 to 12 years old, will be called the Children's Center Annex. The Children's Center Annex will provide a home-like, co-ed, developmentally appropriate setting for younger children, including sibling groups. The Annex will be designed to be warm, colorful, and child-friendly, and staff will be trained in trauma informed practices allowing them to provide a nurturing environment for children entering foster care.
Sheltering Arms is seeking a Full Time Child Care Worker to supervise and provide care, direction and guidance to infants, toddlers and children up to age 12, assist with the record keeping and perform duties necessary for the overall care and well-being of the children in the program.
* Manages groups with a focus on age appropriate activities and socialization.
* Provides attention and support of medical issues, students educational/vocational needs, casework and clinical appointments.
* Develops healthy and helping relationships with children and their families.
* Coordinate individual activities and group activities such as games and trips.
* Logs all reports, including incident reports, and inform the social worker and supervisors of any issues related to children.
* Provides basic care to infants, toddlers and children in program including meals and snacks, as well as attending to developmental, health and safety needs.
* Drive the children to and from the facility for school and/or various appointments.
* Other related task that may be assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Valid NYS Driver's License and clean driving record
* Experience working with children and some college preferred
* Possess a strong belief in people's ability to grow and change
* Successful completion of Safe Crisis Management training and annual recertification.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.