COOK, GRILL (FULL-TIME) - No Weekends!
Compensation: $28,740.00 - $39,230.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
*Posted Date:* Sep 27, 2019
* We have openings for full-time *GRILL COOK *positions.
* *Location*: Milbank - New York, NY 1001. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Full-Time; Monday through Friday. Both AM and PM shifts are available.
* *Requirement*: 1 year of previous experience is preferred.
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
*WE MAKE IT EASY!*
* You can now *chat or text-to-apply*, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text *JOB* to *75000* & search for the requisition ID number 319495 . Click here to view more.
* You can now *prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks - only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring - today and every day.
*Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Prepares food and serves customers at the grill station in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Takes orders from customer and prepares items requiring short preparation. Completes orders from steam tables and serves customers at multiple stations.
* Serves customers in an efficient, friendly manner following established steps of service meeting outlined standards. Ensures food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
* Uses established ticket-collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
* Uses approved recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with established safety standards.
* Stores foods in designated areas following standard wrapping, dating and food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all assigned work areas, equipment and utensils to ensure sanitation standards are met.
* Resolves customer concerns and reports relevant information and concerns to supervisor.
* Attends in-service and safety meetings.
* Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
* Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 319495
Associated topics: banquet, cocinera de produccion, cocinero, commercial kitchen, diner, dinner, food prep, fryer, salad, steakhouse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...